On 10/20/2013 8:10 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
I have never found electronic "bug modes" to be satisfactory for me.
With a mechanical bug, there is positive feedback to the keying that is
important to me - that is entirely missing from an electronic keyer set
to bug mode.  It may be my shortcoming, but I just cannot get the hang
of it.

I built my first electronic keyer in 1956 ... ~10 dual triodes, weighed about a brick. Self-completing elements but that was it. Reworked my Lionel J-36 to bring out both left and right, and lost my "bug fist" almost overnight. Never got it back and I've never gotten to the iambic thing either.

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2014 Cal QSO Party 4-5 Oct 2014
- www.cqp.org