USB was designed to handle hundreds of applications. USB has nothing to do with
RS232 com ports. The bridge is made in the driver software that tells the USB
to behave as if it were a RS232 device. I suspect you have conflicting drivers.
The solution is to change to drivers that do not conflict. That can be done by
changing to multi serial port devices of the same kind.
73
Fred, AE6QL