From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Lawrence
Sent: Tuesday, April 01, 2014 3:40 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Windows 7 configuration to allow seven USB 2.0 devices
to work together in a multitasking enviorment?

Dear Computer Gurus

In addition to all the normal devices such as the mouse and keyboard, I had
hoped to be able to run a full load of USB 2.0 devices with a simple
configuration of the USB ports using the WINDOWS 7 Device Manager tool.

I'm running into conflicts when putting the K3 together with the KX3 and RF
amplifier, all with their own utility application software programs on
separate USB 2.0 ports.   I've been exploring choices for some kind of USB
management program that will allow me easier monitoring of all the USB
connectivity devices.  Right now I get conflicting statements off the
Windows 7 OS as it tries to deal with COM3, 4 and 5 together while the mouse
and keyboard are attached via two other USB ports.  This is a DELL I5 small
desktop.

To avoid the trial and error world and continuing to use the Microsoft
System 7 Device manager alone, is there a utility program that will help me?
Oh yes, and I'm scared to death of on line free solutions that most often
piggy back other stuff you don't want on to the computer.  Yes, this OT
wants to plug and play on the computer side so I can continue my focus on
the application details.

Who knows where I can find the utility that will help?

Thanks

John Lawrence, W1QS

j123...@aol.com

207-615-2824