A little off topic but this is the battery I power my K2 and KX1 from so...

Without intending to, I allowed the 12V sealed gel cell 12 Ah battery to dischage to about 6.2V when I finally discovered it after coming home from a trip. It was slowly being discharged, not open circuited.

I started charging it through a light bulb, and then directly from a 13V voltage regulated supply. Charging current began at about 1A and rose to 9A when I stopped it, and put the battery outside in the cold. It wasn't hot but was warmer than when I started.

When it was at about 35 deg, I started again with charging it, it started at about 2A and after about 30 mins, had risen to 4.5A. Still not perceptebly warm although not 35 deg either.

1.  What is the probability that I will get this charged to power my K2?

2. Should I trash it and just go get another and be more careful in the future?

3. If I just let it float on the 13V voltage regulated supply, what are the odds I'll set the house afire or have a major chemical explosion?

4. Is there some charging protocol I could use to try to resurrect this heavy rectangular thing.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw