John,

The KX3 has "dual watch" (up to +/- 15 kHz VFO A and B separation within the
current band). But it does not allow the VFOs to be on different bands. (The K3
allows VFO INDependent in conjunction with the sub receiver, which also has its
own front end filters, allowing simultaneous receive on two different bands).

To do what I think you require on the KX3, you could set up 160 m and 80 m for
the desired frequencies, then hit BAND+ or BAND- to go from TX to RX. It's
still just a single switch press.

Regarding 475 kHz receive: My guess is you'll want to use the up-converter. The
KX3's sensitivity and image rejection is optimized for the ham bands, and I'm
not sure it will meet your needs at this frequency.

73,
Wayne
N6KR