From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of W0MU
Mike Fatchett
Sent: Friday, February 27, 2015 1:13 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [Bulk] OT: Verizon's response to Net Neutrality: in
Morse code!!

Dick,

I am curious who do you think is going to pay for who ever it is to build a
system to you out in the desert?

That is a trade off for moving out in the boon docks.  When we moved to
Colorado we had party lines.  We lived in Parker and that was considered at
the time WAY out there.

My office is in Castle Rock, CO a town of 30k plus.  We have one provider
for internet.  Century link.  I think it is up to 9mb now DSL.
Xfininity is working on bringing their cable down the road. Project to take
up to 9 months.  I have no clue how they are paying for it.

While you may get your internet, what you have to pay for it might make you
ill.

Let us not forget all the new add on taxes and fees that will be paying
because of all these regulations and the expense that the providers are
going to have to pay to stay within the regulations. Who is going to police
this?  Oh the FCC needs to hire more staff. Who pays for that?
The tax payer.  More taxes.

I think we were just scared of the big ole FCC back in the day.  I don't
think they were much different, we just got smarter.

There is no pot of gold.  The money comes from somebody.

Mike W0MU

delivered to m...@totalhighspeed.com