Doug -

>From all the "on topic" traffic here during the last week, it would appear
that quite a few folks have installed the synth boards.  I put one in my K3
and a pair in the K3 of a friend.  I knew I wanted to do it the moment I
heard about it.  My "impression" is that the band seems a bit "quieter",
but "sometimes" my QTH is very quiet to start with.  We have not
experienced K1N type pileups since I installed mine, but I don't expect to
be "aware" of the benefit, since I cannot switch back to the old board...
but I do expect to
from it most of the time I am on the air, and anytime the band is really
crowded.

The friend in whose K3 I installed a pair of them will benefit every time
he uses his K3.  He is a QRQ CW operator, who is really excited to get RIT
function back while operating QRQ.

Dave - K9FN