When I was learning CW I made the mistake of telling my kindergarten class about this novice custom, and the entire school bus began chanting "dit-diddle-it-dit" until I got off. Despite this early trauma, I managed to get my license.

Bill W9ZN, the CW powerhouse of Chicago, will happily do the whole dit-diddle-it-dit with you, and send EISH5 and BENS BEST BENT WIRE/5 too.
Leigh/WA5ZNU