Bob,

Do exactly like the manual states unless you have done it before and know
the pitfalls of taking shortcuts (and more importantly, recognize when one
of those shortcuts 'slaps you in the face').  Most of the option
installation do not require 'rework' as in removing and adding components,
but they do require the addition of headers, standoffs and the removal of
jumpers that were previously installed - the removal of C167 from the RF
Board when adding the KSB2 is one exception and the KNB2 needs the removal
of 3 resistors in the 5 dB pad location.

The K2 manual has a section which instructs you when to add which pieces of
the option set you will have in hand.  If you are ordering the KPA100 later,
it would be nice to acquire one of the headers for the AUX RF (Elecraft PN
E620012 or DigiKey WM5224-ND) normally supplied with the KPA100 and solder
it in place so you do not have to remove the heat sink when adding the
KPA100.  (there are 2 such connectors, but the AUX 12V can be installed
without removing the heat sink).

73,
Don W3FPR