Paul

The K2 is duty free in the EU. You will have to pay a fee to Parcel Post for handling the package through customs - depends on the import value, I paid 13.50 GBP, and the VAT.

The EU class the K2 as "Transceiver Apparatus for Radio Telephony" with category codes 8525 2099 00 and 8529 9040 00. One relates to the K2 the other is for the additional modules. But don't worry about these, Elecraft quote them on the address label and the invoice.

But don't be surprised if customs charge the duty. They did on mine (Jan 04) and I have heard of other cases. Parcel Force, although charging you to handle customs, can / will not help. I wrote to Customs with a copy of the invoice and the parcel label and was reimbursed.

When I bought additional modules last Spring I had no problems at all.

Go for it and join the UK K2 band. There is lots of help on the reflector if you need it, even if it just a little encouragement.

Best 73
Peter

GM8GAX
K2 #4027

---------
I would like to buy a K2 kit but just before I do I was wondering how much
Duty etc I can expect to pay when the Kit arrives here.

Anyone that as ordered one from the states and lives in the UK any
comments??

All the best

Paul

M0BMN