I have taught many "CW procedures" classes in the past.  I was also
frequently "tapped" to explain tube amplifier classes, oscillator circuits, etc.
as most of the people wanted to know this in addition to solid state gear
theory.
I did this umtil there seemed to be no interest in doing this anymore.
This was the "era" when it seemed everyone was unloading vacuum tube gear,
even throwing it in the dumpster at hamfests!  The days when you could
buy all the Johnson Viking Rangers you wanted  for $20-40 TOPS, some in
mint condition!  Wished I'd bought some of them then!  (If I did, I knew my
XYL would raise hell about storing all that junk!)

Most hams then were more interested in getting the code to 13 WPM and
then forgetting it and working SSB 'phone.  Anyone at the time that liked CW
was usually checking into an ARRL NTS net and learned traffic net procedures
and proper protocol.  "Contesting" was popular, but the contests were rather far
apart and few between, so most CW contesters would "ragchew" at times to keep
their code speed up.  No computers and 'code readers", and computers in those
days for most hams.

I find most CW operators are QRPers or are fooling with boatanchor/glowbug
rigs nowadays.  There are a FEW  newbies that take to code like ducks to
water.  I'm afraid the realm of the "telegrapher" is getting smaller and
smaller.
It's ashame as Morse is a VERY unique communication system and an 'art'.
The Amateurs and airplane pilots seem the only ones who still use it.
(Yes, airplane pilots STILL have to use Morse to decode the aural
identification of DME/VOR/NDB transmitters/beacons.)

73,
Sandy W5TVW