Don wrote:

>Unless it was expanded recently, the K1 can be set to any of the 9 HF bands,
>but it only has memory slots for 6 of them - one can choose any 6 of the 9
>available bands.

Thanks.  I've made the "one calibration correction per each of nine bands"
statement many times before and never had Wayne or Eric counter it with a
"six-band limit."

I'm confused on how this six-band limit works.  Which one of the six previously
calibrated bands will lose its correction when a seventh band cal is performed?
 May the six "slots" be filled with six different bands on three two-band
boards as well as with one four-band board plus one two-band board?

This interesting information does *not* exist, AFAIK, in any documents made
available to the K1 purchaser.  This limit, and how it acts, should be clearly
stated in the K1 manual.  More and more K1 owners are developing filter boards
for bands other than the six officially supported bands, so it is entirely
possible that there may now be K1 owners who have multiple filter boards
covering more six bands.

73,
Mike / KK5F