Jim:

I use the PR -781 on my K3S with excellent results.

From the MENU scroll to MIC SEL - choose FP.H meaning front panel high. {See page 55 of the K3S manual.}

From the MENU select TX EQ  {See page 56 of the K3S manual.}
set frequencies as follows
#1  50 Hz     -16
#2  100 Hz    -8
#3  200 Hz     0
#4  400 Hz     0
#5  800 Hz     0
#6  1600 Hz   0
#7  2400 Hz   +3
#8  3200 Hz   +6

Scroll to VOX gain and set the value to 020
Scroll to ANTIVOX and set the value to 010
Exit MENU to save.

Go to the CONFIG menu and scroll to TX ESSB {See page 66 in the K3S manual for details.}
Set this value to ON and  3.0
Exit menu to save.

From the front panel:
Set the MIC gain at about 40.  This gets about 4 to 5 bars on the ALC meter.
Set the COMP at about 15.  This gets about 3 to 4 bars on the CMP meter.

Operate with a mike-to-mouth distance of about 1 fist or about 4" to 5". If you get too close you will find the proximity effect will bring the bottom end up a noticeable amount.

Get ready for "great audio" reports!

73
Bob, K4TAX