All that's needed is a dot, pointer...something to act as a guide so we can
line up the waterfall with the spectrum's marker. It doesn't need to be a
translucent line.
The dot could be at the bottom of the waterfall since that's where the
desired signal is headed anyway.
Great minds at Elecraft can do this!
Steve N4LQ