David,

My K2 is long gone, but I can tell you about my experience with the DSP module.
I operate mainly CW, and added the DSP option after having the K2 for over a
year. For me, it was a mistake. The radio didn't sound as good as it did before
adding it. I wound up taking it out and selling the board.

Maybe it was me, maybe I didn't have something set right, but whatever it was,
if I owned a K2 today there is no way I'd put that option in it. Just my two
centavos...

Jim / W6JHB