I would not have upgraded to the KDSP2. Not for the performance, because
although I'm mainly a CW operator, I could probably benefit from it.

My main objection to the KDSP2 is user interface. The K2 was not designed
for the KDSP2 in the first place as can be seen in how complicated it is to
set up and operate compared to the other K2 modules. Given the few buttons
of the K2, the user interface for the KDSP2 is probably as good as it can
be, but still it is so much harder to use than the other options. The
otherwise well thought-out user interface of the K2 is made unncessary
complicated by the KDSP2 with all its features.

This can be read indirectly from the history of Elecraft here:
http://udel.edu/~mm/ham/elecraft/history/

Quote:
"A major milestone in our history was the KDSP2 option for the K2. Lyle
Johnson, KK7P, became known to us *after* he had mostly completed this
highly versatile DSP unit. He reverse-engineered the auxBus protocol and
made the KDSP2 behave as if it were a KAF2, which plugged into the same
spot. He showed it to us, and we immediately adopted both the product and
Lyle himself."

-----
Sverre, LA3ZA

K2 #2198, K3 #3391,
LA3ZA Blog: http://la3za.blogspot.com,
LA3ZA Unofficial Guide to K2 modifications:
http://la3za.blogspot.com/p/la3za-unofficial-guide-to-elecraft-k2.html