Completed the K2 (with KAF2 and KNB2) just today.  All of the bench tests,
alignments, and calibrations seem to have gone per plan; but because the
antenna farm is 100 miles from my Denver home it will be a while before I can
try it on the air - maybe if the weather in Denver warms up I can break out the
Buddipole here in town.  So far, No. 7637 has successfully warmed up a small
dummy load.

Because Spectrogram is Windows-only and I am Mac only, I did the alignments
another way - an oscilloscope reading the AF output voltage and a KX3 working
into a dummy load as the signal generator.  (The n-gen wide band signal
generator just drove the scope nuts.)   Maybe not strictly kosher but, hey,
we're hams.

The KPA-100 and the external ATU are next.

Most important, I want to publicly recognize the outstanding assistance and
great patience of Gary Surrency at Elecraft Support, Richard Trebbien at Parts
and - most  of all - Don Wilhelm who gave me more of his time than I had any
reason to expect.  And to Dave Brown (K8AX), who has been building at about the
same pace and who helped identify both problems and solutions we shared.
They've been part of the experience, which has been top notch.

When I get No. 7637 on the air, give a call if you hear it.

Ted, KN1CBR  (K3-line, KX3-line, and now K2)