David,

Are you new to Ham Radio or just the K3(s)?
First rule in Ham Radio and specifically the Elecraft products. There are no shortcuts. If you're buying the kit or assembled version first step always is to read the manuals, both assembly and operators.
They're free for the downloading from the Elecraft site.

I would also add Fred Cady's books on the K3 to the required reading list.

If after reading all you can from these good sources on the K3 you still feel the need for help then this mailing list is available.

If this is your first Ham Radio ever you need to spend some time with the ARRL Operating Manual before ever getting on the air. The K3 is possibly the most configurable radio ever built. You will be doing yourself and it a disservice by jumping before looking.