Strangely enough, I miss the wide open no filters receiver of my young SWL
days.
 Probably listening in a 5kHz bandwidth with a homebrew Q Multiplier for
selectivity.
 I somehow had a much better sense of band conditions, superseded now with
internet propagation tools.
 Today with DSP, NR, NB, and brick wall filters it's perhaps all too
clinical.
On my K3 I sometimes open up the filters to really listen to what's going
on around me.

Nostalgia?

73,  Deni - F5VJC