I have heard people using voice synthesizers on voice modes. I believe they have had issues which keep them for speaking and this is their way of being able to get on the air. It is certainly my way of doing 25+ wpm DX contacts, but I keep trying to learn. I also QSOed with a guy on PSK31 who couldn't type and could only run macros. He mentioned his issue in one of his macros.

73 Bill AE6JV