I just finished casual operation in the contest. I spent considerable time trying to find the best way to do RTTY with RUMlogNG.

RUMlogNG can use the RTTY support built in to the K3 via the RS-232 link. It works well for transmit, although given the number of times I had to repeat my call, I wonder if there was a slight frequency difference between the audio coming in to the computer thru the sound card from the radio and the transmit frequency. It seemed like there was enough of a difference that the running OP had to fine tune my signal to decode it.

I did center the CWT tuning indicator on the K3, and when I turned on Dual PB, the computer was getting the signal on the right frequency.

My big problem was on receive. I never got the radio to cleanly decode. It missed almost all the call signs, regardless of strength of the signal. I tried using fldigi, which did work, and cocoaModem which seemed to decode better than fldigi. I ended up using cocoaModem and logging manually. (Next time I'll probably steal the VGA screen from the P3 and use it as a second screen on the computer so I can see all of both programs windows.)

The question is, what am I doing wrong with getting decoding to work on the K3?

73 Bill AE6JV