More information: RUMlogNG seems to be part of the problem. Today I was able to relax and watch decode of a RTTY (KL7RST running contacts). I noticed that the K3 was doing a good job of decoding the RTTY at all times (but wow, the screen is small). The P3/SVGA was losing characters making the decode unreadable, as was RUMlogNG. If I quit RUMlogNG, the P3/SVGA stopped dropping characters and seemed to be showing the same decode as the K3.

Perhaps someone who know how the characters get from the K3 to the P3 can shed some light on what might be going on.

I'll ask Tom, DL2RUM in his support forum.

73 Bill AE6JV