Lots of possible reasons why Elecraft might not do a 1500, but specifically
price breaks and unwillingness to adopt a product that from other
manufacturers has proven problematic at our price range for well understood
reasons. Elecraft has been conservative about introductions, and that plays
well for what they *do* produce.

Ignore the boo-bird gallery on this reflector and note long term
performance of other ham manufacturers including near death brushes or full
on encounters with bankruptcy. Elecraft *grew* their business during the
great recession. Financially stable and responsive to customers with great
products. Hard to find combo, generally.

Personally I'll let 'em do whatever they want (as if I could really affect
that). They *might* put out a 1500, which I would buy in a heartbeat for
the integration. But it wouldn't be a hacksaw job and it wouldn't put their
balance sheet near the edge, and it *would* have gotten past all those
issues that 1500's seem to be dogged with.

73, Guy