Paul,

You don't have to do anything to share the mainRX with the subRX - the K3 will split the receive (through the 3dB splitter) to the main antenna for both receivers. That is good for SPLIT operation, but will not produce diversity receive.

For diversity, you do need two antennas which are separated either by space or by orientation ( for example, 1 horizontal and the other vertical) or by using a separate receive only antenna. That cannot be accomplished by a single coax to the K3 ANT1 jack.

Since you currently have the cable from the KAT3 to the subRX AUX ANT input, you could put the RX antenna for the subRX on the non-transmit (presumably ANT2) connector for diversity - but that is 'dangerous' because if you accidentally select ANT2 for transmit, you will transmit into your receive antenna - if it contains a preamp, that preamp may be destroyed by transmitting into its output.

The safer way (in your case) is to change the K3 cable to the subRX AUX ANT input to use the BNC jack. You can then connect the RX ANT to the BNC jack and using BSET, tell the subRX to use the auxiliary antenna input.

The inclusion of the KAT500 does complicate the situation. If you look at the KAT500 as providing the antenna for transmit as well as the mainRX antenna (and also for the subRX when sharing the antenna with the mainRX), then you will be OK, but that will not do diversity receive since both receivers will be listening to the same antenna.

For diversity receive, select the AUX antenna input for the subRX and connect the receive antenna to the BNC jack.

73,
Don W3FPR