I knew I was right not to get one.
Thanks Wayne.:-)

On 4/27/2016 5:41 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:
Extrapolating from these two data points, it appears that Steppir reliability
is inversely proportional to the distance from Eric's QTH.

Wayne

On Apr 27, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

On Wed,4/27/2016 2:31 PM, Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ, Elecraft wrote:
I've had my 4 El Steppir (20-10, plus 2 more fixed el for 6 m) up for over ten
years 1 mile from the Ocean. Zero problems.
My 3-el (no trombones) has been up on a 120 ft tower about 12 miles N of Eric's
QTH for about 7 years, also with no problems I can blame on the antenna (but
several I can blame on myself). :) I find the antenna quite effective on all
bands, 20-6M.

73, Jim K9YC

--
R. Kevin Stover