Hi Tom

I never thought it was simple :)

I am just trying to understand what is going on, so given by what you've
said I would push the IQ data coming from the KX3 into an FFT, that FFT
would then produce the circular buffer  that would  let me analyse what
signals are in that band?

But this would be in the frequency domain then, however I am not interested
in a band plot,  I have a signal at Freq X, with the KX3 tuned at Y, (X=Y),
would I have to still pump that IQ data into the FFT to filter all the
other signals out, then inverse teh FFT to get the IQ data that I would
want?

Regards