I don't see the point of having a large power amp. It doesn't help receive.
My whole Ham life I've been told to put the money into antennas, better
feedlines, and a better receiver.
If you are a skilled operator then you'll make the contact if band
conditions permit.
Doing the math I really don't see why anyone "needs" an amp past
500-600watts. Maybe on 60/160?
If a QRP /Low power station can make the contact but you can't then maybe
you need to ask for help getting your station optimized a bit better.
Just my view.
I used to run an SB220 and loved it when I made the contact. I later came to
resent Ops I heard running power just to get over the pileup.
I sold the Amp and don't regret it for a minute. If I were to get another
amp the math shows 500w to be the sweet spot, however, I have so much
opportunity to improve feedlines and antenna it doesn't makes sense to run
power at this time.

Just my view.
Jer