Hello Ed:

I don't have any experience with mat cleaners. Perhaps some of the other list
members do.

If your old mat did not come with a resistance value specified, I suggest
replacing it.  The Elecraft engineer testing a variety of mats found that the
resistance of a mat without a spec was always far too high to be of practical
value.

I checked to see if the products suggested are still available. These all have
resistances in the Gigaohm (1X10^9 ohm) range.

The U-Line mat can be purchased here:

https://www.uline.com/BL_7403/Anti-Static-Table-Mats

The Desco 66164 is available here:

http://www.testequipmentdepot.com/desco/floor-worksurface-mats/worksurface-mats/vinyl/66164.htm

The 3M mats seem to have been replaced by this one:

http://www.isconline.com/product/8214/3M-Blue-2%27x4%27-Table-Mat.html?cid=14

Note that the K2 manual does not make much of an issue about an anti-static
mat. It's on the bottom of the anti-static priority list Wayne compiled. In the
interest of full disclosure, I built my K2 while most of my stuff was in
storage, working solely on a small wooden drawing board using my ESD-Safe iron.
I simply did the recommended "touch a ground" before each time I reached for a
transistor, i.c. or pc board and experienced no problems whatsoever. Sixteen
years later the K2 is still going strong.

73, Ron AC7AC