Michael,

If received signals are stronger on the wire, almost certainly transmitted ones
are too.

If you really want to know which is better, arrange some way to switch between
them quickly so you can do an a-b comparison. With the K3's tuner, this is
easy, but I believe the KX3 tuner only has one output, so you have to use an
external switch. Keep in mind that the antennas will have different radiation
patterns, of course.

Vic 4X6GP