Greetings,

I finished my K1 last week and everything went fine. Both resistance
and voltage check were perfect and the alignment procedures were good,
too, both rx and tx but I have only used a dummy load on the tx and
didn't transmit into an antenna.
Today I finished and installed the KNB1 and that seemed to be good as
well, I could toggle between HI/LO/OFF. I connected the K1 to an
antenna via my T1, which I have used many times before with my FT817,
and the first time I set the K1 in tune mode my power supply tripped
because the K1 wanted more current then the power supply was set to,
around 1.5A I believe. I didn't manage to see whether the SWR was too
high, but there were plenty of loud signals in the receiver, so it
couldn't be too bad, could it?
I increased the current limit (the max is 3A) but after that, every
time I set the K1 into tune mode, it just displayed P0.1 no matter
what I set the output power to. The same happened when I used a dummy
load. The current consumption in tune mode is now 220mA and 70mA in rx
mode. The receiver seems to work as it did before.
Any ideas what can be wrong? Did I really manage to blow my final? Can
it be blown due to high SWR? The power was set to 2W.

Thanks in advance

Alex
OZ9AEC