Hi,

Here is a followup on my problem with dead TX.
I have received two suggestions on checking D19 and R30, both turned
out to be fine. I have also done the TX voltage checks and they were
fine, too. Then I went on with TX signal tracing, as described in the
assembly manual, using a Velleman PCS500 PC based oscilloscope. I
obtained the following measurements:

PRE (0.04-0.09): 0.025 V
ATTN (0.02-0.05): 0.047 V
OSC (0.01-0.04): 0.019 V
MIX (0.1-0.2): 0.042 V
BUF (1.5-2.0): 1.74 V
TR1 (0.5-1.0): 0.66 V
BPF (0.5-1.0): 0.78 V
TR2 (0.5-1.0): 0.72 V
TR3 (<0.01): 1.5 mV
DRV (0.9-1.6): 3.7 V
PA (10-15): 0 V
ANT (10-12): 0 V
RFD (1.7-2.0): 0 VDC

That was enough to convince me that the PA transistor Q7 was bad. I
cut it out and checked it with my DMM and it did indeed seem dead. I
couldn't measure any resistance nor hfe of it.
I am, however, still puzzled by the too low voltages at PRE and MIX,
as well as the high voltage at DRV. Is there anything else I should
keep an eye on when I will try the K1 with a new PA transistor?

73
Alex OZ9AEC