In MSK144 the T/R periods for meteor scatter are normally 15 seconds on 50 MHz,
so it is important for all stations to have their clocks as accurate as they
can, within half a second will do, but the closer the better.

Just to explain further, on meteorscatter it is possible for many stations to
share the same frequency, as bursts are short and one station may not hear the
same burst as another if they are in a slightly different location. We use
conventions for which transmit period to use based on where we are beaming in
one of the 4 quadrants. For example if beaming East or South we transmit on the
second period so start at 15 secs after the top of the minute.

This allows a couple of locals to both call CQ or work another station on the
same frequency without hearing each other, but they are both able to hear and
respond to any callers. If their clocks are a second or more out then there
will be a slight overlap and the locals will interfere with each other for that
short overlap time period.

There will have to be a slight delay for relays and sequencers of course. There
is a 200 ms software TX Delay between PTT being asserted and data sending in
WSJT-X by default to allow relays to settle, though a hardware sequencer is a
safer solution.

All of the above is covered in the online documentation for WSJT-X

http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.7.1-devel.html#SYSREQ

73 from David GM4JJJ