> On 17 Jan 2017, at 16:48, John Stengrevics <jstengrev...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Many thanks to all who provided their suggestions.
>
> I decided to try Joe's (W4TV) suggestion and elect RTS.  That appears to have
> solved the problem of the transmit staying on.
>
> My only remaining problem is a 100 to 200 millisecond spillover into the next
> sequence.  I have synched my Mac to time.nist.gov <http://time.nist.gov/> and
> the time.is <http://time.is/> site shows that I am dead on. If anyone has any
> suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

The Mac can be quite difficult to keep accurately time syncd using NTP, as it
doesn’t always check the time from the best server and many other little snags
like not checking very often sometimes.

If you have a reasonably modern version of the Mac OS then add some other NTP
servers for your region to the Date & Time preferences, after the standard
Apple one, separated by a comma. For example just add:

1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org after whatever Apple has chosen.

In Europe I use

time.euro.apple.com, 1.uk.pool.ntp.org, 2.uk.pool.ntp.org

Please use your own region's ntp pool

Uncheck "Set date and time automatically" and recheck it, it should update it.

Open a terminal window and type ntpq -p

You will get a list of the servers and their offsets (in ms) as well as other
nerdy stuff. You will notice that NTP slowly drift corrects the clock. It only
polls slowly so you have to be patient, but the good thing is it should learn.

Hope that helps

73

David GM4JJJ