*/ I put a Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM pusher fan on the inlet this helped a bit,with a typical over during a cw rag chew at 28 wpm delays the onset of high speed by a couple of minutes depending on the temp in the shack.

With the big fan on the back *off* my idle temp is 31c with *no* the helper fan, with the helper fan wired to the radio which runs when the radio is on the idle temp is 24 c it pushes the air from the top inlet through the unit and out the back. Noctua fans sit on soft silicone pads no vibration no sound just moves the air along through the amp.

Its to bad a replacement fan for the KPA500 from Noctua can't be found these are well engineered fans moving more air and quietly.

Regards
ka9zap
Art
/*