Is loud fan noise common with smaller solid state amps?  I have read
complaints about the SPE Expert 1.3k loud fan noise and the new Flex Power
Genius sounds pretty loud in the demo video. I have the fan on my KPA500
set to 4 (if I recall correctly) and it is pretty quiet however setting it
one speed higher and it becomes significantly louder and quite annoying.
While I rarely use this amp I would still see a quieter fan, a setting
in-between 4 and 5 or a larger heat sink as a nice option. I wonder if the
Acom 600S has fan noise issues, it is physically larger and I have yet to
read any such comments.

John KK9A