[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Setting DST is not rocket science

Well, no, unless you live in Indiana, where it apparently depends on street address. I actually have done rocket science during Apollo, and I'll take that over street addresses anytime. Last I heard, they are going to do DST statewide but left it up to some legislature to determine the new boundary between EST and CST. I won't hold my breath for that action. Hawaii is easy ... no DST. I think AZ is similar if not the same.

Where does all the "saved" daylight actually go? It was light when I got up, and dark around dinner at 1730 last week. Now it's dark when I get up and light until I get the dishes washed.

I wasn't aware that WWV ever sent DST stuff ... thought it was programmed into some but not all of the "atomic" clocks. My "Atomic Clock" is on UTC in my shack, so it doesn't care, although it keeps pretty good time -- within about 3 sec. Wonder what chaos could be caused if UTC went to DST?

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw