Not only does mine have a thermometer, but it has a nifty night-glow
back light that looks really cool when you press the snooze button.

And it folds up just like a travel alarm clock should so when I do field
day I can take it with me to monitor both time and temperature.

Best of all, it looses several seconds each day so now and then I tune
in WWV and manually bump the time up a minute or so.  Bumping the time
up is far easier than going around the 24 hour circle to get to the
prior minute.  This thing is perfect!

It's funny, I have two lists of gear.  Stuff that works well and stays
in the shack and stuff that doesn't work so well and is no longer in the
shack.  Funny thing is the list of things that work is fairly small and
the cost of those items is often surprisingly low.

The K2 is on the list of things that work & stay.  The Icom 735 is the
latest in a growing list of rigs that are no longer in the shack.
Although its general coverage RX capability just may allow it to stay
around.  It makes a great WWV receiver (2.5, 5, 10, 15 & 20 MHz all in
memory) for setting my clock ;-)

- Keith KD1E -