Thanks Mike,
(as well as Paul and Tom),
I just finished studying the KX1 schematic and AD9834 data sheet. You are right
on. Analog devices also has an interesting DDS primer at
http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/archives/39-08/dds_apps.html
if anyone is interested.
As an aside, I have been a reader of the Elecraft group for a few months now,
as well as some other radio specific groups. This is by far the most
informative group that I have read. I have learned alot from the morning read.
thanks to all. I think it is half the draw towards Elecraft.
Now....KX1 or K1....
73's,
Pete wd4lst