Greetings,

First, before I go any further, I have nothing but the highest regard for Elecraft's Customer Support and Service. I've had several issues with my KX2 that were due to operator error and Elecraft has fixed my self-induced KX2 injuries quickly and efficiently. Plus, I've had
a couple of other dealings with Customer Service all outstanding.

However..... ;-)

I've been dealing with a KXPD2 paddle issue since I purchased my KX2 last year. I've gone
through four of them all with the exact same problem.

To wit: After use, say half hour or so, the contact posts loosen up and the CW becomes impossible. I've tried everything I know how to do - Loc-Tite blue goo, used a mini-torque wrench to set torque, pushed the envelope with tightening up the screws - the contact posts
loosen up.

I have a very light touch with my paddles with very close spacing as CW is my primary mode of choice for 54 years. So I don't think that its heavy tapping or wide spacing that is causing the problem. If I were to guess, I believe it is a dissimilar materials issue - metal screws, plastic base, warm radio causing the plastic to expand JUST THAT LITTLE
BIT to loosen up the screws.

Now here's the thing - four paddles all having the same issue on the same radio with
the same operator seems to be indicative of a manufacturing problem.

Maybe it is peculiar to me - I'm not discounting that, but it seems unusual. What I'm wondering is if anybody else who owns and uses these paddles have the same issue?

Thanks.

Very best regards,

Tom, W1TEF
Lexington, SC