When I priced them, the Hardrock was just about half the cost for half the
power. I got the KXPA100.

The KXPA100 kit is assembly, no soldering. One of the design goals was for
installation as a remote PA for mobile use. Install the KXPA next to the
antenna and keep the KX3 by you.

wunder
K6WRU
Walter Underwood