Kevin Rock wrote:
> You skipped my favorite aircraft: the Blackbird.

I skipped a few other less well publicized ones too, for obvious reasons. The original Lockheed Skunk Works occupied Bldg 357 (a hangar) at the Burbank CA Airport, and the engineering offices were in Bldg 90, which you could see from I-5.

> There is supposed to be one located in McMinnville, Oregon.

There is. It is in the Evergreen Aviation Museum across from the airport not far out of town. It is parked under the wing of the Spruce Goose, and looks like a model next to that monster, although by itself, it is pretty big. Evergreen, with a base at the airport across the road has an "interesting" history also. It's a great indoor aviation museum if you like airplanes. I have a cool T-shirt from that visit.

The Spruce Goose is really made mostly out out of birch, but I guess "Birch Goose" just didn't have the right ring to it. It was designed to carry 600 or so troops across the Atlantic at the amazing speed of 110 kts ... and I thought the grind across the S. China Sea in C-130's at 250 kts was awful.

Fred K6DGW