From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Wayne Burdick
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 12:57 PM
To: Nicklas Johnson
Cc: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Signing "/QRP"

Signing /QRP tells the other station at least two things: (1) your signal is
weak because of power level, not propagation, so they don’t have to worry that
you can’t copy them; and (2) you’re really excited to work them, even if
they’re local :)

For many of us, it’s this enthusiasm and extra effort on both sides that makes
QRP contacts enjoyable, at times even mystical. It’s a spontaneous team effort,
like quantum entanglement.

Example: I had QSO on 15 meters with Rwanda (from Arizona) running 200 mW to an
8’ wire running directly to the back of a Safari 4. There is no question that
*both* of us were ecstatic after he finally copied my callsign.

“/QRP” also often means “I built my own radio!” or “I’m reducing my carbon
footprint!” (In my case, both.)

I greatly appreciate it when another station accepts the challenge and
opportunity presented by QRP.

72,
Wayne
N6KR