Is there a website or software repository yet?

Scott
AD5HS

On 8/23/2017 12:24 PM, P.J.Hicks wrote:
I have been involved with a project developed by Peter Rhodes of the UK that
started as a way to improve the NR in his Pick a Star trx. It appears that the
project is nearing the limits of what can be done and will hopefully go public
soon. The project is called nitPic and operates on the audio output (phones)
under Peter's software. It is truly amazing what it can do. Briefly it has two
modes, SSB and CW. It processes the audio in 'bins' or slices. As each bin is
processed the SW decides if it is signal or noise; if signal it is enhanced and
if noise it is reduced. Sounds simple. It almost completely eliminates a CW
signal if in SSB mode and vice versa eliminates a SSB signal if in CW mode. I
have been able to bring out CW signals from the noise floor that do not show
the slightest trace on my PowerSDR waterfall/spectrum display.

So good things are happening and improvements are in the works.

PJH, N7PXY

Message delivered to netbs...@gmail.com