This appears to be cross-posted between mailing lists, something I would not recommend. I'm dropping the one to which I am not subscribed.

There are two classes of "12V" equipment:

* equipment designed for lead acid batteries, of which amateur radio equipment is typical;

* computer equipment.

The former is actually designed for 13.8V with a wide tolerance, although mainly downwards.

The latter is designed for 12.0V with a tolerance of maybe 5%, and expectations of rather better. Depending on what it contains, it may actually tolerate a rather wider range.

--
David Woolley
K2 06123