From: BARRY LAZAR [mailto:k3...@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:04 PM
To: m.matthew.geo...@gmail.com; Richard Siegmund Lindzen
Cc: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] SDRPlay as panadapter

Max,
     I use the rsp2. It works ok for what I do. No, it doesn't compare to my 24
bit. 192 kHz sound card. But, there is a big difference between a 12 or 14 bit
ADC and a 24 bit ADC. Neither lets me see really weak signals.

     I do not use the P3. It is the only piece of Elecraft produced gear that
doesn't fit my station architecture. And, the rsp2 can't be used to drive apps
like CW Skimmer. I guess what I'm saying is that you need to think about what
you are trying to build, long term, and what it takes.

     The LP-Pan and a good sound card make a good basis for flexibility.
However, the maximum you can display, today, is around 190 kHz. And, you may
not be able to see deeply into the noise.

73,
Barry
K3NDM

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App