I'm using the SDR Play {RSP 1} and HDSDR very successfully for my needs.  However, I do not use the IF output on either of my radios.  I use the SDR Play receiver by  picking the signal off of the RX ANT  IN and OUT on my K3S and I pick the signal from the Band Pass filter of my other two radios.

 I find this provides superior resolution, viewing bandwidth, and allows control of the radios via OMNIRIG which is built into HDSDR.  The communications are two way, thus changing the radio frequency/mode will  change the SDR Play or changing the frequency/mode on HDSDR will change the radio.  This allows the SDR Play to function as a tuneable 2nd receiver or as locked with the radio.

73

Bob, K4TAX