Bruce, N7CEE wrote:

I thought I found _all_ the problems with my KX3080, but I guess not. THe
receiver is now very insensitive on all bands. It works, but I don't hear an

increase in noise on any band when I connect an antenna. Tracing from the
antenna jack toward the mixer, I get a good increase in noise when I touch
the antenna to the junction of L6 and the RF gain pot. On the antenna side
of
L6, there's no increase in noise.

Rereading the assembly instructions, the manual says to connect A on the
KXB3080 to B on the KX1, and B on the KXB3080 to A on the KX1, because the
markings for A and B on the KX1 are incorrect. But if this is the case, why
was the KXB30 connected A to A and B to B?

I'm wondering if this is my problem...

-------------------

No. You have it right. Those marks on the KX1 PCB are correct for the KXB30
and incorrect for the KXB3080.

I suspect L6 is open. Have you ohmmed it?

You moved L6 to the underside of the KX1 PCB as part of the KXB3080 install.
Is it in the right holes on the bottom?

You should see about 1 k ohm from L6 to ground with the RF gain at minimum
on either end of the inductor.

With the RF gain at maximum, it should show about 1 to 2 ohms to ground. The
inductor itself has a DC resistance of about 1 ohm so it'll be about 1 ohm
higher from one end than the other.

Ron AC7AC