John:

If you have an old K2 main MCU try it and see if it fixes your KIO2 problem
before you order parts.  My K2 was subject to lightning (not as direct hit
but in the neighbors yard) and the only symptom was that the KIO2 would not
work. After determining the input port on the PC was shot (tried other
serial device) thought it was fixed. Then spent many hours trouble shooting
and replacing the KIO2.  Once it was fixed I determined the pin the KIO2
interfaces with on the KIO2 was internally open - thus needed a new MCU.
Three things broke, two in K2 and one in the PC.  Strange that everything in
the PC worked except the serial port.  And everything in the AK2 worked
except the KIO2.

Rich