The elevation discrepancies are normal - I see the same effect whendriving
around down here in South Florida, randomly dropping to 10-20feet below sea
level. The civilian GPS systems are not configured forextreme elevation
accuracy, particularly when close to sea level.

The main web site's position reporting may be outdated because, I think,that
they're relaying their position via satellite (Iridium, perhaps?) whichcan get
pretty expensive. Given the length of the journey, it's probablynot worthwhile
providing hour-by-hour position updates. They'll get therewhen they get there,
and they'll get on the air after they get things set up.
73,
Brandy, N1HO (EL96xh)