What seems to be missing from this discussion is that, because the KPA1500 uses a switched-mode power supply, the combined weight of the RF deck and the power supply is about 37#, about half the weight of most other legal limit amplifiers with their power supply.  When I needed to move the power supplies for my Ten Tec Titan amps, I slid them from the shelf under my operating desk onto a rolling chair. I can't even lift, let alone carry, the 87As that are on my operating desk. I got help from a neighbor ham carrying them in. Perhaps that might be a solution for others.

73, Jim K9YC